The 8 Steps To House Hunting Success
Searching for a place to call home can be an emotional and time consuming experience and must not be left to chance. In today's fast pace real estate market being first to view properties and put in an offer to purchase or lease a home can save you time, money and stress. Learn how having an effective home search strategy can help you find a place to call home quickly and give you piece of mind.
MyDaddyHomes have put together a powerful Home Search Strategy System that points out the steps you need to take to find the perfect home for you and your family.
These include such things as: knowing what you want before you begin searching, taking your time to search, choosing the right realtor, and remaining objective while viewing potential homes. Smart buyers and renters never leave their home search to chance, they always have a home search strategy for success.
8 Easy Steps to "House Hunting Success"
- Seek out an experienced local realtor such as MyDaddyHomes to help you in your search for a home. This service is free to buyers and renters.
- Working Exclusively with a realtor who knows the local market, is reliable, experienced, accountable, responsive and one who pays attention to your individual needs and not the seller or the landlord needs is always the best choice.
- If you are buying a home:
- If you are a first time buyer, request a first time home buyer consultation from your realtor, this is also FREE of charge. You will learn everything you need to know about buying your first home. Ignore this step and you can create many problems for yourself. An informed buyer is always a smart buyer
- Get pre-qualified for a mortgage, MyDaddyHomes mortgage brokers can get you pre-qualified within 48 hours. Pre-qualfication gives you buying power, you know exactly how much home you can afford
- Determine the type of home and the neighborhood you would like to live in
- Have your down payment ready(Minimum 5% of the purchase price of the home + 2% for closing costs.)
- If you are renting a home:
- Know your budget and what you can afford for rent and utilities
- Learn what are the average rental prices in the neighborhood
- Determine the type of accommodation you need; a condo apartment, a whole house, the upper level of a house, etc.
- Be proactive and be aware of the documents you will need to secure a lease on a property
- A ccredit report and score is critical in securing a lease, landlords like to see credit scores above 650.
- Click Here for the complete rental criteria checklist
- Sorting The Inventory Of listings: This step is the most important part of the strategy. Have your realtor do the following:
- Sort out the current inventory based on your needs, this saves you time as you will not be looking at homes that do not match your buying or rental criteria.
- Notify you instantly when homes that matches your criteria become available for viewing.
- Realtors are updated on a daily basis when new listings come on the market
- Once you get notification about listings, be ready to go and view homes immediately, don't procrastinate, it can cost you not getting that perfect home.
- Home Viewing: Objectively look at each home with your head, not with your heart, consider the following major items:
- Bedrooms and bathrooms
- Square feet and room sizes
- Maintenance items
- Neighborhood, school, amenities, transportation
- Listen to the advice of your realtor as to the advantages and disadvantages of each home
- Make An Offer: Once you have found the right home, put in an offer on the property immediately. Don't wait! Waiting can cost you time and money and you missing out on that perfect home.
Your Next Home Is Just A Click Or A Phone Call Away!
Call Edison: 416-258-3079
Only Sign-up if you are not working or under contract with a realtor.
Please Verify Your E-mail Address Before Submitting Your Request.